Monday, April 20, 2009

The Popcorn Mystery...

So last night was basically an ordinary Sunday night. I made Trevor a sandwich for work, picked up the house, and put Kinley to bed just in time to sit down and watch Desperate Housewives (we were a little excited since it hasn't been on for 3 weeks). After the show, we turned off all the lights and went to bed. I fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow, and Gabbie was right before me because I remember falling asleep to her snoring. Speaking of, Trevor and I have this little race to fall asleep first because once one of us goes...the forest logging begins!! Well, I thought we all went to sleep, hunky dory, and that was that. That brings us to this morning. I woke up before Kinley and decided to get the dishes done and some laundry started before my 'helper' was awake. I noticed there was a bowl on the counter with what was left of a bag of popcorn stuck in the bottom of it. Hmm...that's interesting because I don't remember Trevor eating popcorn last night. Actually, I know he didn't because he ate ice cream with me. So, who is this mystery popcorn eater? I'm a little embarrassed to admit that began wondering if someone in our house was suffering from sleep-eating syndrome (I watch 'The Doctors' ok, its a technical term)! I don't eat popcorn, which only leaves Trevor. So I wash the dish and go on with my day. Which now brings us current (well, about 15 minutes ago) when I asked Trevor how he slept last night. He look at me in disgust and said "Like Shit." I asked what was wrong and he proceeded to tell me "well, you started snoring before I had a chance to shut my eyes so I went out in the living room and watched TV until 2AM. I had me a bowl of popcorn and watch a little Jay Leno." AAAHHH HAAA!! So the mystery was solved. Trevor was my mystery popcorn eater! And he was AWAKE, which means no one in our house is suffering from sleep-eating syndrome. I felt much better.



You know, its a good thing we live in a safe neighborhood because if we EVER had a robber...neither one of us would hear a thing. As for our 'guard dog' Gabbie...she would be wining to get out and greet them with a kiss!

1 comment:

  1. I so know how that goes! I know if someone wanted to break in they would and be on their merry way with all of our goods, before either of us would know! AHH sleep is so great :)

    ReplyDelete