Friday, April 17, 2009

New Friday blog

I have been having a really hard time lately thinking of things to 'blog' about. Like seriously, is my life this freaking boring...I cant even think of anything to make up! I look forward to reading everyones blogs everyday, including Nikki, who gave me an idea. She does 'flashback fridays' which is actually quite entertaining (dont worry Nikki, the 80's wernt kind to any of us!). So her Friday blog gave me an idea for a Friday blog...CHEEP EATS FRIDAY! I know everyone is probably sick of hearing about the recession that we are in, or headed towards, but I think its a good idea for us all to step back and take a look at our lifestyles. I would guess that 90% of Americans dont live within their means. Which is why I am going to start highlighting one eatery every Friday that has amazing food for a good price. (ok, so I just read this back to me and it sounds like I'm doing a segment on the TODAY show, but bear with me!)


I was contemplating, while in the shower, on a good resteraunt to kick it off with. I mean, we all know that all the fast food chains have jumped on the $1 menu band wagon, but I want this to be more than that. Thats why I decided to start this weeks Cheep Eats Friday with....





Come on...its Dicks. Who doesnt love Dicks! But why such affection for a hamburger joint? Maybe its the owners' personal commitment to doing good business and offering employees much higher than average starting wages, health benefits, childcare allowances, and college education incentives.In short, there seems to be a real human being behind the business.

*Dicks is great, just dont count the calories, carbs, fat (both saturated and unsaturated), cholesterol, sodium or sugars!

No comments:

Post a Comment