Thursday, April 16, 2009

Is this all thats left in our communication?

I love useless information. And I love asking myself questions that really have no answer. Last night, Trevor walked in from outside and saw me doing the dishes. The first thing he says to me is "Whacha doin?" Like did he really expect me to answer that? "hmm...I think I'm mowing the lawn!" Maybe its a habit, like the fact that if its not a cup or a plate he has no idea where to find it. I swear if he needed the can opener and I wasnt here to tell him where it was, he would probably go out to the garage, find one of his tools and open the can! It has really been driving me nuts lately. So after thinking about all the stupid things he asks me EVERYDAY, I decided to think of a few things to ask him..

How can there be self-help “groups”?

Did you ever notice that if you blow in a dogs face it goes mad, yet when you take him on a car ride he sticks his head straight out the window?

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Why are there locks on the doors to the convenience store that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year?

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?


Needless to say, he didnt get the correlation between the two. Actually, it probably just pissed him off that I was so called 'making fun of him' but seriously...think about it. He saw me doing the dishes, just like he he saw me starting the laundry and vacuum, but he still continues to ask "whacha doin". O well, I guess at least we are still communicating, because I know even though I pointed this out to him, he will do the same thing today!

1 comment:

  1. At least he comes in and asks. I have to walk to the couch to even get a kiss sometimes...

    ReplyDelete