Friday, May 1, 2009

To Joke Or Not To Joke...

Just watching the news and this is what came to my mind:



I was driving to Wilbur one summer evening to spend the weekend with my parents. I remember it was right after we got Gabbie because she was just a puppy sleeping in the passenger seat. I was driving my ole Malibu, you know the car I had babied since I was 15. Right around Sun Lakes, about 8:30 in the evening, and I had been driving awhile so I may have been slightly speeding. I crested a hill and noticed when I got to the top on the left side was a big buck (that's a male deer for you west-siders) BIG!! I hit the brakes, Gabbie went flying off the passenger seat to the floorboard. Of course, the deer ran into the side of my car smashing the drivers door so it wouldn't open and screwed up the hood and fender. Freaked me out! I realize looking back at it now that when I saw the deer I didn't think that it would literally hit me. Its almost as if I expected him to come close but that was it. I mean, I could have slammed on the brakes a lot harder, but didn't really feel like I needed to. That was when I realized that I spend a lot of time just watching whats going on around me, but maybe not taking things seriously or literally.



The news is talking about Swine Flu. They closed down a school close to us because a kid apparently has it. So I sit here and think, "I have heard all this crap about this swine flu, and now its close to me and I don't know anything about it" I got on the Internet and did some research. It was actually really boring, but I did come across this that I think is pretty funny and worth sharing:





HA! OK, so its not nice or probably appropriate, which brings us back to my issue. I shouldn't joke about swine flu...

3 comments:

  1. I agree, but we are still joking about it here, it's rediculous how much they have blown it out of porportion! Things are starting to settle down, down here. They are keeping kids out of school unitl this coming week as a precaution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked and I'm a little pissed because it cut off the end of my joke! Might have to repost :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!! **runs around house with hands in air screaming** In the end it's just the flu. Keep your fingers out of your mouth and lysol Trevor when he comes home.

    ReplyDelete