Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Obamas vs. The Engs


I never thought that I would end up marry someone from Ritzville. As high school rivals, you just dont ever imagine it happening. But we all know that I did, and it has been one of the best things ever. A few weeks ago, we had an HOA meeting (thats Home Owners Association for all you small town folk east of the mountain) and during that meeting, we were required to elect new officials. Someone, God knows who, spoke up and nominated Trevor as president. WTF?? He doenst have time to mow the lawn let alone be the president of an HOA! Turns out, there was a second to his nomination and before I knew it I was not only married to someone from Ritzville but I was the First Lady!!


Its been a few weeks now, and so far we (I say 'WE' because he gets the complaints and passes it down to me to "investigate") have only had one order of business. One house a few blocks down from ours has decided to discontinue his garbage services as of December and now there is a rat infestation not only in his house, but they have taken up residency in his neighbors as well. The rats destroyed his neighbors brand new Ford Freestyle and the owners had to turn in an insurance claim to replace the entire interior of the car. So here I sit looking up who to complain to and how to take care of the problem....ah the life of the First Lady!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Love the picture. 2nd order of business. Kick that neighbor out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA how awesome! That's funny! Tell him to come be the president of ours too! We need someone to kick the losers out! :)

    ReplyDelete