Friday, June 26, 2009

let the lunch packing begin...

Where do I start, geez I haven't talked to this thing in such a long time it feels like. So much has changed, is changing, and has happened. I'll start off with the 'best' thing of them all, we are finally getting out boat disaster cleaned up, thanks to a wonder attorney named Tim Quenelle. They have finally agreed to work with us and give us our $27,000 back, which is a HUGE relief to me!! I just cannot stand to even look at this thing in my back yard anymore as it has caused us nothing but trouble from the beginning. I will be glad when we can show back up at their 'fine establishment' and unhook the piece of shit in their hands!! Anyhoo, there is my 'problem fixed' #1. The next thing that is changing, and some of you may know, but I have decided to go back to work. Actually, I should restate that and say, Trevor wanted me to go back and I decided that it couldn't hurt to apply. Little did I know that I would get hired on the spot! It is a great feeling knowing that I still have my interviewing skills, but its almost like that's where I wanted it to end. I wanted to Ace the interview and walk away with the satisfaction and self accomplished feeling! I start on Monday, and let me tell you, when you have been on your own schedule for 19 months, 5am is going to come WAY to early!! I have tried waking up at 6 all this week so when Monday comes, I'm not totally a wreck. Yesterday, I got up and drove my new commute (I must say its a little longer than the one I have now) and on my way there I actually started feeling nauseous. Is that possible...to feel nauseous from waking up to early?? (and no all you speculators out there...I'M NOT PREGNANT!!) Trevor says its called 'lazy ass syndrome' or LAS. Whatever. So here I am, back to packing lunches, and scheduling my day into a 3 hour time frame. O, and as for Kinley, I found a great babysitter for her to go to. She has other kids, mostly boys so kinley will be right at home, and she is super nice. Lots of toys and a big fenced in back yard to play in. The best part is she is right on our way home, so Trevor can pick her up or I can. Its going to be great. I think she is striving for more attention and is, frankly, bored at home with me. So I guess we will see. All I can do is try my best and see what happens.


And as for our summer, we obviously haven't been to the lake. I know, we could have rowed our way out to a nice little lagoon and had a picnic lunch, but I think I would have been way to tempted to pull the plug and let the f'er sink to the bottom. We have, however, kicked off our string of weddings. Last weekend, we were in Wilbur for Krysta and James wedding. I must say, I had a little bit to much fun. It could be because they ran out of food and I drank on a Caesar salad. And then for some reason, around o I would say beer 10 I decided to pull out my camera. My $700 camera. Don't ask, I could barely walk across the dance floor let alone operate a camera. But I did, and I took 234 pictures, some good, but as the night went on, my aim got worse and pretty soon you could only see the tops of peoples heads. or I would try and operate the zoom and get a picture of only cheeks and eyeballs. ah, it was fun. This weekend, we have another wedding in carnation. Then the 4th of July, and hopefully by then we have a nice, new, RUNNING, boat (key word is running) and we can officially start our summer!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha your pictures still turned out great! Congrats on the new job, jeez so much going on in your lives lately, that is fantastic! Looking forward to hearing the boat story...last I had heard you got a new boat, but it was a sore subject and I think I'm missing some of the story! Have a great 4th, hopefully we can see you guys before the August wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a change from a few months ago!! You will be great in your new job! Like I said before, Kinley will be so happy with all the kids, will make her transition in to school later all that easier too! Enjoy the weekend, and welcome to the work world outside the house! (you might find it a bit easier!) xo

    ReplyDelete