Monday, June 8, 2009

a little food and a little Mariners...

This is it. Monday has arrived again and here I sit wondering what happened to the weekend. My mom and grandma came Saturday morning. I went up to work for a few hours and then Trevor and I ran a few errands that afternoon. Saturday night we had friends over and BBQ'ed beautiful steaks (sorry Nikki...I'm bad about remember the pictures!) I made a jicama salad...my new favorite summer dish, and Grandma made her potatoes and peas. We finished it with garlic bread and banana bars for dessert. It was fabulous!! Sunday, Trevor and I went to the Mariners game. He bought me the tickets for my birthday. It was so nice to leave all of our problems, AKA the boat, and our responsibility, AKA Kinley, at home and just enjoy the day. We had great seats, actually we spent the first 3 inning in someone else's seats. I've always laughed and been annoyed at events watching people walk aimlessly up and down the isle because they cant find their seat. Well, we were those people!! :) I guess we just got a little twitter-painted at the fact we didn't have a 1 1/2 year old, a diaper bag, snacks and stroller in tow :) So, once we found OUR seats it was great. I love baseball, mainly for the food! We started it off with 2 pizza's and 2 Pepsi's. Then at the 6th inning we hit up the corn dogs and chili nachos, much to Trevor's disgust because we couldn't find the garlic fries, and of course more pepsi! :) Anyways, the Mariners are, well, they are the Mariners. I've heard rumor that this is Ken Griffy's last year so I only took pictures of him...Yes, I looked like a freakin tourist taking pictures of the most sought after player the Mariners have!









That afternoon we went down to my aunt and uncles in Sumner and ate, once again, chicken and fruit.
So that's it. Another weekend under our belt. Next weekend we will either be in Vancouver at Trevor's nieces graduation or in Wilbur kicking off our summer weddings! Either way it will come and go way to fast. And some news, we are looking at starting a new change. I'm considering applying for a full time job. Nothing has been decided and we are still weighing our options. I love and would greatly miss being with my little Kinley all day, everyday. But I'm thinking she could use some time with other kids and I could use some time with other adults :) Anyways...that's about all of our excitement. I'll keep you posted as our week continues!

1 comment:

  1. What?! You have other friends? Sniff sniff. Exciting news, good luck in whatever you choose!...although I really thought you were announcing you were prego again!

    ReplyDelete