Monday, August 10, 2009

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

OK, so maybe not. I have been praying for cooler weather and even rain (I know right, only people who live in Seattle are actually happy when it rains) These last couple of weeks have been crazy hot. Its actually been hotter here than in death valley...what??? Is that even possible? I was driving home from work last tuesday and the temp in the car read 109. ONE HUNDREN AND NINE!! with 80% humidity...that is death. Our A/C's ran non stop for 8 days straight. But hey, I was just thankful to have at least a window A/C. I havnt seen Applebees in Bonney Lake that busy since their opening day. We noticed on day 5 of the heat wave that the fridge had been running hard for about 2 days. When Trevor took some cheese out of the fridge and it wasnt cold, we knew we had a problem. Well, turns out the heat isnt just hard on people and pets...its really hard on your appliances too. So, we bought a new fridge. YAHOO!! I'm always up for new appliances...new anything for that matter :)


We have a really busy next couple of weeks. Let me break it down for you like this:

This weekend colin and whitney are getting married
next weekend I'm doing a wedding shower for Karlie (chris wahls bride to be)
the weekend after is chris's bachelor party (i'm not attending!)
after that is labor day on the lake!
then its Chris and Karlies wedding in colfax
after that is our 3 year anniversary where I insisted on Trevor planning something without me knowing, but i have dropped hints about the beach.
and then its time to start slowing down. summer will be officially over, even though it still feels like it just started (thanks to cascade marine center).

last but probably most important (you like how i make you wait until the end!) here is miss kinley. she's wild...and i dont mean that as a joke. i cannot believe some of the things she comes up with. her latest..jumping off everything!! the couch, the bed, laundry baskets, and now she is trying to climb the baby gates and jump off of those! W-I-L-D!!

"The Splits" her signature move

We were teaching her how to do headstands. This is what she learned!

Kinleys friend from Colins bachelor party. Totally inappropriate but to funny to resist.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know Chris and Karlie were engaged! Tell them congrats for me.

    Bryan told me about the splits and I didn't believe it. Adorable! She looks a little like Elvis with the blanket cape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That blow up doll is hilarious!! She is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to be as good of a parent as you are someday!! Hope all my kids grow up playing with blow up dolls!!!!! Too funny~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete